Consular Services

Bachelorhood and Unmarried Certificate

Bachelor-hood Certificate/Single-Status Certificate/Affidavit for Unmarried

Indian Embassy cannot issue Bachelorhood Certificate/Single-Status/Affidavit for Unmarried. This may be issued by Indian Authorities viz. either by the SDM of the place of permanent residence or by a local court upon submission on an application for issuance of the same. The certificate shall thereafter be attested/apostilled by Consular, Passport and Visa Division (CPV) of the Ministry of External Affairs New Delhi (RPOs) and Branch Secretariats of Ministry of External Affairs are also empowered to attest these documents.

For Information please the following link of Ministry of External Affairs:

India and Estonia are signatories to the Hague Apostille Convention, the purpose of which is to reduce the two-stage authentication of public documents to one single stage. If a public document is apostilled by the country of origin, it does not require re-authentication by the authorities of the country in whose territory it has to be produced.  A public document that has once been certified with an apostille can be used in all countries who are signatories to the Hague Apostille Convention. (For more info visit the website: In short, any document apostilled by the Estonian/Indian authorities, does not require to be attested by the Embassy again.



Go to Top